Value Added Solutions
Our experience includes office, retail and industrial properties. In addition to property management, we have the ability and expertise to provide facilities management and leasing services. Midwest Realty Advisors has brought value added solutions to shopping centers for more than 25 years.
Commercial and Retail Accomplishments
- Initiated routine real estate tax appeal for a commercial property that resulted in an average annual tax savings of $56,000.
- Created lease abstracts for all retail tenants in a strip center resulting in significant management efficiencies and a source of forgotten revenue for the owners.
- Transformed multiple poorly performing in-house security operations consisting of highly paid law enforcement officers by contracting this function to local security company contractors, resulting in significant savings to the owner without sacrificing safety or efficiencies.
- Reduced electric utility costs to a development by negotiating with rival service providers on delivery and production rates.
- Implemented a retail tenant customer survey format with follow-up procedures that enhanced property operations.
- Developed a roof inspection scheduled and maintenance plan for all retail centers.
- Developed an inspection schedule and maintenance plan to monitor all retail property lighting, canopy, security and parking lots. Included costs for repairs and replacements for inclusion in the operating budgets.
- Developed a parking lot inspection schedule and maintenance plan for all retail centers.
- Created strategic business plans for each commercial and retail property, including measurable benchmarks.
- Developed a monthly/quarterly variance reporting process for each property including a financial statement for each.